Health Benefits of a Plant-Based Diet
Research has confirmed the many Health Benefits Plant Based Diet, including a lower risk of heart disease with lower levels of cholesterol — the "bad" cholesterol that builds up deposits in your arteries. Mother Earth knows exactly what to provide for the perfect health of her inhabitants.
In fact, more than 1.5 million healthy adults demonstrated the Health Benefits Plant Based Diet was associated with a reduced risk of deaths related to heart attacks or heart disease and fewer incidences of cancer, Parkinson's and Alzheimer's diseases. Women who eat a plant-based diet supplemented with extra-virgin olive oil and mixed nuts may have a reduced risk of breast cancer.
For these reasons, most if not all major scientific organizations encourage healthy adults to adapt a plant-based diet for prevention of major chronic diseases.
Key Components of a Plant-Based Diet and Home Remedies
- Eating primarily plant-based foods, such as rice and beans, nuts, fruits and vegetables, whole grains
- Replacing butter with healthy fats such as olive oil and coconut oil
- Using herbs and spices instead of salt to flavor foods
- Limiting red meat to no more than a few times a month, if any
- Eating fish and poultry instead of red meat, if meat is eaten
- Enjoying meals with family and friends
- Drinking red wine in moderation (optional)
- Getting plenty of exercise
- Try plant based home remedies such as castor oil before relying on synthetic medicines with side effects.
MyWholeFoodsKitchen.com is dedicated to teaching people to cook with rice and beans instead of meat and dairy. Please feel free to print our Food for Well-Being Food Pyramid as a visual aid for teaching the health benefits of a plant-based diet.
Cooking beans from scratch:
Soak beans overnight each in its own quart sized mason jar of water. Pour out soak water. Refill jar to the neck with fresh water. Cook beans in the jar in a canning pot with the lid on. Remove jars when beans are fully cooked. Jar will seal as it cools slowly at room temperature. Label the jar using the recipe packet. Stores well in the refrigerator for 2 to 3 week. learn more